If you are prospective buyer and want to have the Title Search for a particular property you are considered as a “interested person” who is entitled to be furnished with this information from the Lands Registry office.
“Interested persons” could refer to:
- The owner of the property
- The beneficiaries of any right or interest in the property,
- Intending purchasers (permission from owner required) (see below)
- Lenders under a mortgage
- Plaintiffs in a lawsuit against the owner
- Lawyers who are authorized by any of the above persons to ask for information
- Any other person as the Director of the DLS may order to be supplied with information
Address: New Governmental Offices, P.O.Box 60008, 8100 Pafos
Opening Hours: 8:00 a.m. – 15.00 p.m.
Obtaining Search Certificates:
On payment of relevant fees, information can be provided to “interested persons” in relation to any Register or other book of the Lands and Survey Dept. For particulars of encumbrances relating to a specific property or any other information for which no special fee is provided in the Law, a flat charge of €15 per hour is charged for securing the information.
Special provisions on providing information to potential buyers
Under the practice followed by the DSL, the fact that a person is a potential buyer is proved by the presentation of:
- Written authorisation from the owner of the property (potential seller)
- Written assertion by the owner of the property that the particular person is a potential buyer