The Department of Lands and Surveys (DLS)
On payment of relevant fees information can be provided to interested persons in relation to any Register or other book of the Lands and Survey Dept.
„Interested persons“ means:
- The owner of the property
- The beneficiaries of any right or interest in the property,
- Intending purchasers (permission from owner required – see below)
- Lenders under a mortgage
- Plaintiffs in a lawsuit against the owner
- Lawyers who are authorized by any of the above persons to ask information
- Any other person as the Director of the DLS may order to be supplied with information
Address: New Governmental Offices, P.O.Box 60008, 8100 Pafos
Opening Hours: 8:00 a.m. – 15.00 p.m.
Provisions of information to potential buyers
Under the practice followed by the DSL, the fact that a person is a potential buyer is proved by the presentation of:
– Written authorisation from the owner of the property (potential seller) or
– Written assertion by the owner of the property (potential seller ) that the particular person is a potential buyer
Note (1) : Buyers who have deposited their contract of sale in the DLS can receive information about the property anytime they wish
Note (2) : The information provided to purchasers or potential purchasers can include information about mortgages and other encumbrances on the property and any other relevant information.
Obtaining Search Certificates: for particulars or encumbrances relating to a specific property or any other information for which no special fee is provided in the Law, a flat charge of €15 per hour securing the information is applied.